Wednesday, October 8, 2014

HALO SleepSack Review . . October is SIDS Awareness Month !!

One thing I love about HALO is their passion for keeping babies safe while they sleep . As a parent I always try my best to do EVERYTHING in my power to always keep my little one safe but of course we all have to sleep and now parents can sleep with less worries thanks to the Halo SleepSacks .

October is SIDS Awareness Month ! here you can find some tips on what to do and what not to do when your baby sleeps .

 
ALWAYS : Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
  •  You can Room-share, but don’t bed share; the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend against bed sharing as it can lead to an increased risk for accidental suffocation.
  • Use a crib or bassinet that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
  • Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
  • Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
  • Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
  •  
    NEVER : Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
  • Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
  •  
    I got to review the Halo SleepSack and my little nephew LOVED IT . He usually sleeps/naps in his crib but for the review I let him nap on my bed so it could be easier for me to take pictures (I'm short so it's always a struggle to get pictures of him when he's in the crib)
     
    At first he wasn't a huge fan of the SleepSack as you can see on the picture :
     
    But after a few seconds he fell asleep without a problem ! We always have to rock him/Walk him around so he can sleep but this time he did it on his own and so quick . I was surprised !
     
     
    - The SleepSack Replaces loose blankets for safe sleep
         - Its Recognized as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
    - Inverted zipper that make it easier for diaper change
    - Comes with "Back is best" logo to remind parents to always put baby on their backs to sleep.
     
    He looks so peaceful and also comfortable :) When my son was born (3 years ago) I didn't know anything about swaddles/sleepsacks so I spend a lot of my nights up , checking on baby every 5 minutes to make sure he was ok . The SIDS subject always scared me and even more after one of my closest friends lost her baby girl to SIDS . I wish someone had told me about these wonderful products when my son was born ! I'm sure if I did I would of slept more and worry less but now that I do know about them I will so use them with my next :)
     
    Halo doesn't only provide SleepSacks . There's also another product that's also safe for baby to sleep in and the best for parents who want to keep their little ones close by at night time .
     
    The HALO Bassinest moves to bring baby to mom ! Yes you heard right . It allows baby to sleep close to mom/dad without having to sleep on the same bed . So baby can sleep close by and most important safe . It's also very cool and so cute :) Why couldn't they have something like this when my son was born !!!! All these wonderful products are giving me baby fever lol .
     
    Here's a video that explains more about the HALO Bassinest :)
     
     
    Lets do EVERYTHING in our power to keep our little ones safe when they sleep . Even if you don't have kids but know someone that does or is expecting share with them information about the Halo products :)
     
    Thank you HALO for providing me with the SleepSack at NO charge in return of my honest opinion .
     

    2 comments:

    1. Awesome for keeping babies safe...Great Review

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great review like the rest of them..... keeping babies safe is so important for every parent... two thumbs up for the review

      ReplyDelete